CONTACT OFFICE@IMPEXBEV.COM FOR STOCKISTS TODAY!
The Sleeping Casks of Hikari Distillery
Hakata Whisky is distilled and matured in Fukuoka, Japan by the Hikari Distillery (which was founded in 1912). The mash of the whisky is 100% barley. A fraction of this barley has been fermented with Koji providing healthy enzymes for fermentation and creating the highly sought after and delicious, savory taste known as Umami.
The Sherry casks this whisky is aged in are kept in traditional style warehouses as well as a few open-air warehouses where they are exposed to humid summertime temperatures of 95 °F and winter temperatures of around 38 °F. As a result, the whisky is bold and almost classical in flavor; retaining a freshness that is truly unique.
Hakata appeals to the most discerning whisky drinker as well as the casual enthusiast. The Sherry casks play a dominant role in this spirit, where Oak & Umami glosses over the palette and hugs the sides of the tongue. Its striking textural element and complex flavor take you on a timeless, elegant, and classic journey from beginning to end.
We invite you to join us on this journey and enjoy a flavor that is both new and timeless.
- THE HAKATA WHISKY | HAKATA-KU FUKUOKA | JAPAN -
10 Year Old
A true workhorse of the collection, the full flavor and authentic spirit forward character introduces the distillery tone and elements in pure potential fashion.
- Nose: Lemon meringue and strawberry preserves, old Oak and earthy.
- Palate: Rich Sherry, walnuts, sweet raspberries.
- Finish: Vanilla Oak, more Sherry, raisin, and orange peel. The finish is incredibly long.
12 Year Old
Oak & Umami defined, a classic incantation between koji and malt creates complete balance within harmony and spice.
- Nose: Champagne, dried plums, sweet dates, big.
- Palate: Stewed fruit, caramelized orchard fruit, and apple cider with Sherry, of course.
- Finish: Sweet with a citrus quench. Playful and asks for a second sip.
16 Year Old
Painted beyond the canvas, this expression has no limits allowing each note to bend beyond its lane producing a truly unique experience.
- Nose: Caramelized coconut, big Oak (like walking through a cask warehouse), touch of char, powdered sugar, and white peach.
- Palate: Toasted Creme Brûlée, creamy, hint of unripe pear, roasted almonds, and white raisins.
- Finish: The minerality is present and complimentary. longer finish that is both sweet and tangy, umami.
18 Year Old
Glorious and decadent. Become completely immersed within lavished luxury delivered by massive essence, style, and flavor.
- Nose: This whisky is massive. Dark cherry, cola, incredible Sherry influence, roses.
- Palate: Tart cherries, dates, Sherry, graham cracker, exceptionally smooth. Umami dominates the palate.
- Finish: Vanilla, very old Oak, fresh berries. The longest finish of the range
16 Year OldWhisky Advocate
Recently awarded an outstanding 96 points from Whisky Advocate in 2023.
12 Year OldWhisky Advocate
Recently awarded an amazing 95 points from Whisky Advocate in 2023.
18 Year OldWhisky Advocate
Recently awarded an elite 94 points from Whisky Advocate in 2023.
12 Year OldWhisky Advocate
Recently awarded a top rated 93 points from Whisky Advocate in 2023.
Find The Hakata Near You Today!
Interested in more information about The Hakata Whisky and finding an expression near you? Contact our importer in the U.S.A. ImpEx Beverages Inc. today! Click the link below.